iCultivate Discussions

The iCultivate discussions enable members to share ideas, assist each other with issues, share solutions, ask questions and provide advice on matters that are relevant to the iCultivate purpose.
Votes
Undo
  1. iCultivate
  2. General Gardening
  3. Sunday, 28 July 2019
  4.  Subscribe via email

The folling question was posted on the iCultivate Youube channel:

How do you control spider mites ? Here spiders are everywhere I'm so stressed out, I have quite a few indoor Yucca's humifier cannot keep up at the moment all though it has managed 65% 2 nights probably not good for Yucca's but not good either for spider mites.

Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo

Good question ?. Firstly, I would recommend not using most pesticides. If you want to go down the chemical pathway I would give Neem oil or an insecticidal oil a go. Basically, these oils suffocate insect and mite like pests. However, it is most important to isolate infected plants.

My preferred option would be to wash (under pressure) the plant down. This will need to be repeated multiple times until there is no evidence of the mites, but remember to keep them isolated from unaffected plants - take them outside or into a garage.

Hope this helps ?.

Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Gardening
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo

Just added this video. Really hope it helps if you are having problems with spider mites.

References
  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JeAuyDWUfU
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Gardening
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!

Sponsored Links

Subscribe to our Newsletter

newsletter1