iCultivate Discussions

The iCultivate discussions enable members to share ideas, assist each other with issues, share solutions, ask questions and provide advice on matters that are relevant to the iCultivate purpose.
  1. Bill Thornton
  2. General Gardening
  3. Sunday, 24 September 2017
  4.  Subscribe via email

Hi Everyone

The lack of rainfall here has had quite a severe effect on my garden - no credible rain for 5 months now. I am wondering how everyone is coping with this?

Comment
  1. Janelle Bauer
  2. 1 year ago
The lack of rain is fairly difficult here in SE QLD at the moment. We were teased a bit a couple of days ago and got enough water in the tanks to stretch things out for another couple of weeks, but at the moment it feels a bit like prolonging the inevitable - having to buy in water.

We are currently getting buy with hand watering plants with watering cans only, mulching heavily to reduce water loss by evaporation and just accepting that some plants just aren't going to survive.

I would love to hear any strategies that others are using.
There are no comments made yet.
Janelle Bauer
iCultivate Member
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo

The lack of rain is fairly difficult here in SE QLD at the moment. We were teased a bit a couple of days ago and got enough water in the tanks to stretch things out for another couple of weeks, but at the moment it feels a bit like prolonging the inevitable - having to buy in water.

We are currently getting buy with hand watering plants with watering cans only, mulching heavily to reduce water loss by evaporation and just accepting that some plants just aren't going to survive.

I would love to hear any strategies that others are using.

Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Gardening
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo

Lack of rain is often something that gardeners in many parts of the world including Australia and the USA have to contend with. It would be great to hear the different strategies that are employed by our community members in both the Northern and Southern hemispheres :)

Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. General Gardening
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.

Sponsored Links

Subscribe to our Newsletter

newsletter1